At first glance I developed a strong aversion to the roller coaster quality of the prezi as it careened from one image to another, off at all angles. In fact, I developed such an aversion that I put off making one for an entire month!!!
It all turned around when I went to the LLDP3 presentations yesterday at Murray. I was impressed by the smooth transitions and simplicity of Circle Team's prezi presentation and decided that I could make one after all!
So here it is. It's simple but heartfelt. I would have loved to have clips of my grandma singing, but her story sung by others will have to do for now. I imagine that I will refine it and add more in the future, but considering I've been putting this off for a month, time is of the essence.
In terms of library application, I think that the Prezi could be a useful alternative to PowerPoint because in order to avoid seasickness, you are forced to simplify the amount of information you cram into the presentation. It is so easy in PowerPoint to slip into a Word frame of mind such that your presentation becomes a series of small essays. I admit it, I'm converted.
Nice Prezi! It really had a lot of info, but was well organized too.
ReplyDelete