I think I could have spent the entire month looking through podcasts. I managed to limit myself to 3 or 4 subscriptions and am hoping that I don't feel as though I haven't done my homework if I don't get a chance to listen for awhile. I think podcasts are great for keeping up with great programs you would otherwise miss and they'll make a nice change from music on long drives in the summer.
In terms of library use, I can imagine that it would be great fun to have a library podcast discussing new books, services, book-related trivia and maybe even library etiquette. I think it would help people feel connected to the library by familiarizing them with it in more a personal (ie person with a voice) way. I think it would warm up the way patrons who haven't used the library much, think about the library. IF we could get them to listen that is;)
No comments:
Post a Comment