Thursday, April 14, 2011

Glob 5: YouTube

I heart YouTube! There are a lot of interesting videos out there, though I wish it was easier to search for 'quality' videos. It's great for sharing information quickly - especially 'how-to' videos. I've made origami lilies for Easter, learned how to join a new coloured yarn when knitting, and how to sew a border around a square of fabric, just to name a few. I think this holds a lot of potential for library instruction for searching databases, physically finding resources in the library and navigating our website.

I found this on librarian.net yesterday and thought how fantastic it would be to have this app.



I also thought it would be great to work in a library with a pet.



YouTube can be addictive. I think it will be a while before I venture into the realm of creating my own YouTube video.

No comments:

Post a Comment