Monday, February 7, 2011

Inaugural Glob: iGoogle

I chose to make my own theme for the header in iGoogle and was wondering if anyone else had done this. I haven't been able to make my image stretch the entire width of the screen and would love to figure out how. Anyone?

I found a great gadget on iGoogle - Saskatoon Links! One gadget - 12 links to things like the airport arrivals and departures, city transit, gas prices, film times, kijiji, etc. As for the rest of the gadgets and their relevance to daily library assistant-ship; it's slim pickings. 

I'm not sure this personal web portal is all that useful at this stage. Perhaps as I acquire more web-based interfaces - blogs, twitter, YouTube, its worth will become more apparent.

6 comments:

  1. That Saskatoon Links gadget is a great find - I just added it to my iGoogle page thanks to you! Probably the most useful thing on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,love that you Glob. To get a picture all the way across try going into the design tab, then layouts and there is one that has a long slot over top of the post area. Worked for me, but then I decided I wanted mine to sit beside the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your Blog name!!! From one punster to another xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the hot tip re: saskatoon links, most excellent. I especially like the airport connection in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, did I mention that I love your blog title?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your custom background, how did you do it?

    ReplyDelete