Monday, February 14, 2011

Glob 2: Blogging

I have to admit that I've been using my blog like a facebook page. Writing a little but waiting to see if anyone reads and makes comments. (sheep sheep) Though the blogs I've enjoyed reading the most are ones that make observations about the wider implications of this technology that we are all dabbling in, or those who have chosen to share their interests be they book-related or otherwise. I'm enjoying getting to know coworkers, albeit in a mildly voyeuristic way. Thanks for sharing everyone!

I have decided not to add tags or labels to my blog because, gulp, I am not a fan of word clouds. There, I said it. Publicly! I hope I will not be shunned or ostracized, but they make me anxious. All those random words that my mind continually tries unsuccessfully to string together into a coherent sentence in a frantic attempt at creating some mental calm. It feels like being stuck in the middle of a crowded space where all you catch are random words here or there. Word mob more like. With a few bigger bullies in bold and few meeker ones in humble-sized font. I will not be shouted at on my own blog.

3 comments:

  1. You don't actually have to display your labels/tags in a word cloud. You can display them alphabetically, in a list.. in a very orderly fashion if you'd like.

    But you make a very good point - I've never thought about words as bullies before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh-oh! What are you going to do when we reach Thing 21? You'll have to keep your eyes covered that week.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you.... They make my head spin.

    ReplyDelete